The activities of OV Life as Trading Company include:
- Identification of suppliers in different countries with capacity to supply large volumes of generic products at competitive prices.
- Negotiating the terms of sale and delivery of products.
- Financing and assurance of payment to the supplier-exporter.
- Managing logistics and transport.
- Managing customs and barriers of international trade.
- Distribution and sale of the products through its retail network.
At present, we specialize in emerging countries in areas of Asia, Africa or Latin America. Our function is to identify competitive suppliers, negotiate and purchase their products and sell them through a distribution network in its country or neighbouring countries.
From a contractual point of view OV Life can act in four different ways:
Sales agent for those exporters that are domestic.
OV Life establishes the marketing presence in foreign markets soliciting orders from foreign customers in the name of the manufacturer. Invoicing is done on the name of the manufacturer and helps the exporter with all details of the export transaction. The trading company may suggest the export price, but this principal has the final say on even whether to accept the order.
The relationship with its clients is established through a International Commercial Agency Contract.
Buying agent for importers that want to buy a specific kind of products within a specific territory that can be a country or multiple countries well known by OV Life.
The responsibilities of OV Life may include, among others:
– identifying manufacturers and suppliers of products within the described territory;
– negotiating prices, terms of delivery and payment; and
– managing the international transport of documents which comply with export and import procedures.
The relationship with its clients is established through a International Buying Agent Contract.
Exclusive distributor on a buy-sell basis. OV Life buys a manufacturer at a set price and resells to foreign customers at a price established and/or negotiated by itself. When OV Life is acting as a distributor, the manufacturer may have no control over the export price and not even know who the foreign clients are.
The relationship with its clients is established through an International Distribution Contract.
Intermediary in specific trade operations in which does not act as a buyer or seller but as an intermediary that charges a commission on export and import operations.
The relationships with its clients (usually the exporter/sellers) are established through an Intermediary Contract for Trade Operations.